Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Pressure's On

Wow! Micca Campbell is fabulous. I am blogging tonight about her book An Untroubled Heart, which we are reading for our Yes to God Bible Study. This week's chapter is just as awesome as last weeks. So, let's dig in!

***All text in blue is a direct quote from the book***


Micca said: "One of our greatest fears is that someone will discover the truth: We can't really juggle it all." I used to have this problem but I've been freed from it. I no longer care if people know I can't juggle it all. You know why? Neither can they! HA! There I said it. LOL No one can do it all, juggle it all, be great at it all, etc.

Next she gives us the names of God's bodyguards for us, Goodness and Mercy. You can find an introduction to them in Psalm 23. Go on. Read it. I'll wait.

Did you read it? Okay. Let's continue. "We often mislabel Goodness and Mercy. We call them luck or coincidence." I have to raise my hand here in confession. I have said "Oh I got lucky" or said something happened "coincidentally". I am learning not to steal God's glory that way. Because in the end, that's what we are doing. As Micca tells us, "You and I must believe that every benefit that comes our way is God's Goodness and Mercy following after us." AMEN!

Micca discussed contentment. My pastor just taught on this a few weeks ago. I needed to be reminded again. Micca tells us that, "Balance comes when I lay my to-do list before God and allow Him to prioritize my life." Do I do that? Most often, I do not. But now I will. This ought to be exciting!

One other thing she pointed out was that "In wanting more, we place undue pressures on ourselves in an attempt to get what God hasn't provided." Like a house or a nicer, newer car. So Mari, when and if God is ready, He'll provide. Either way, be content with what you have. What He's blessed you with is already more than you deserve.

The other thing that really spoke to me was when Micca said "...peace isn't the absence of pressure. It's the presence of God and our attitude toward His provision in the midst of our stress." I'd like to end with that. Just ponder that. It is a powerful statement that can really change your life. Think on it. That's what I'll be doing over the next week.

As always, be blessed everyone! And please be sure to stop by and visit Lelia who is hosting this wonderful study.


Mari

10 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

Mari...I love everything you pointed out here and what you left us with to ponder. I can get so caught up on focusing on the wrong thing. I can't even begin to imagine what I've missed out on with God because I focus on the current "pressure".
Thanks for always being such a blessing!

Jill Beran said...

Mari, enjoyed reviewing the chapter by reading your words. Thanks for the final quote, "...peace isn't the absence of pressure. It's the presence of God and our attitude toward His provision in the midst of our stress." Needed that this AM!
BLessings, Jill

Carolina Mama said...

Great recommend. Thanks much and you are so funny. We all had a blast yesterday. Look forward to Mom's Nite Out. :) Stay tuned. :)

Connie Arnold said...

Thanks for sharing this, Mari. Sure are some great statements here and much food for thought!

Carol said...

Hi Mari,
Oh my I love how you write. Thanks for confessing you can't juggle it all, and you don't care if people know, and thanks for ratting out the rest of us (me) who are still trying to put on this illusion. I needed that.

Great stuff.

Carol

Unknown said...

Thank you dear Lelia for the comment. We've all focused on the wrong thing. Heck I still do! But that's what His mercy and grace are for! Blesings to you!

Mari

Unknown said...

Carol: Thank you for the compliment. You know what? We all need to be ratted out on the "I've got it all together" thing. It makes us all drive ourselves crazy and to near exhaustion for nothing. Now you can just relax and so what you can do. That's just so freeing! Blessings to you!

Mari

Unknown said...

Jill: So glad God directed you to my blog on just the right day to read just the right words. I heart when He does that. He's so good!

Blessings!

Mari

Unknown said...

CarolinaMama:

Had a blast Sunday! Makes me realize how important relationships are, not just with God but with people too! So glad I got to meet you "in real life"! Blessing to you!

Mari

Unknown said...

Connie:

I love how Micca writes. And you can tell the Lord is really working through her! Thank you for stopping by! Blessings to you and the new grandchild!

Mari